Plant Foreman – Lake Wales Area
Asphalt Plant Foreman will be held accountable for operation and maintenance of the asphalt plant, coordination of inside and outside sales and management of plant personnel, safety and record keeping.
Asphalt Plant Foreman directly reports to the Asphalt Plant Manager.
The following positions report to the Asphalt Plant Foreman:
- Plant Operator(s)
- Loader Operators(s)
- Sublet Repair Vendors as directed by the Plant Operations Manager
Note: The following duties are descriptive and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related
or a logical assignment to the position. Major duties include the following:
- Maintain accurate records.
- Responsible for training plant personnel in mechanical, electrical, records keeping, plant safety, and all aspects of plant operations.
- Monitor that the Lead Plant Operator is submitting required documentation on a timely basis.
- Responsible for overseeing daily transmittal of the following to Ajax’s Office Administrative Assistant:
- Cash and Credit Card tickets/receipts
- Miscellaneous receipts
- Daily in-bound delivery tickets
- Assist the Plant Operations Manager in performing Quarterly Inspections.
- Keep the Plant Manager and Plant Services Manager informed of all problems; potential and actual affecting plant operations along with recommend required equipment and parts purchases.
- Quality: Meet or exceed Ajax’s quality and uptime standards while operating within budget.
- Sales: Coordinate inside and outside sales on a daily basis. As part of this responsibility, meet on a quarterly basis with Ajax’s outside salesman and at least one (1) FOB Customers. A report summarizing the visit will be completed by the foreman and submitted to the Vice President of Plants and Materials. Attend weekly manager’s meeting as directed by the Vice President of Plants and Materials.
- Scheduling: Responsible for all plant scheduling and operation. Plant scheduling at Ajax is based on a seven day work week with a 24 hour a day schedule.
- Safety/Cleanliness: Maintain yard and plant to exceed environmental requirements and control room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Other: Assist in other duties as directed by the Regional Plant Manager, Plant Operations Manager and/or Vice President of Plants and Materials.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION
- REQUIRED - High School Graduate with a minimum of three years experience as a Plant Operator.
- PREFERRED: Construction background in asphalt paving.
- PREFERRED: Graduate of an accredited technical school (mechanical or electrical), worked for an asphalt plant manufacturer as a service technician in addition to the above.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- Enforce all rules listed in the Ajax employee handbook.
- Insure adherence to all federal, state, local and Ajax Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is exposed to indoor/outdoor conditions, noise and heat.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to communicate and work well with both internal and external customers.
- Accurate and well organized.
- Ability to work well with subordinates, peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in investigating problems. Demonstrates the ability to document in writing (English) formal documentation of employee counseling.
- Respecting the confidentiality of company, customer and personnel information.
- Maintaining cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other workers.
Attendance and Reliability
- Reporting to work on time and not leaving early unless authorized.
- Always providing proper notification and advance notice of absence.
- Not abusing or taking advantage of personal days off.
- Maintaining work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Performing such other duties as may be required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Physical demands of the position includes: sitting, standing, walking, climbing, reaching, low level work reaching, bending, trunk movements, lifting minimum of 75 lbs., carrying, pushing/pulling, low level work, dexterity of hands and fingers, seeing, hearing and talking.
- The Asphalt Plant Foreman is empowered to make decisions necessary to accomplish all tasks listed in but not limited to this job description.
I have reviewed and understand the job description and believe it to be accurate and complete. I also agree that management retains the right to change this job description at any time.
Ajax offers a highly competitive pay and has excellent benefits; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k) with discretionary employer match, life insurance, voluntary supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health and wellness program, direct deposit, referral bonuses, paid vacation and holidays.
RECRUITMENT BONUS – If you recruit an individual for an open position, you are eligible for a finder’s fee of $200. Ajax application must state referral’s name under the question, “How did you learn about this Company?” Also, your referral, as a new hire must complete the 90-day introductory period.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities and females are encouraged to apply. Background, pre-employment drug, nicotine, and physical required. Incentives offered for non-nicotine users.