Dump Truck Driver: This is an hourly-rated skilled craft position whose primary function is the safe and efficient operation of a dump truck driver. We require experienced professional CDL drivers to haul construction materials (stone, asphalt, etc.) to highway and infrastructure projects throughout the Maryland DC Metro area
· Drives dump truck to destination applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and of roads in the area.
· Maintains a truck log in accordance with state and federal regulation and company policy.
· Communicates regularly with dispatcher to ensure that the delivery schedule is being followed and that any problems with traffic or with site conditions are reported promptly.
· Complies with all aspects of truck maintenance, cleanliness, and repair in accordance with the guidelines.
· Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 lbs.
· Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
· Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
· Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
· Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.