Heavy Truck Transportation Manager: This is a salary-based position working out of our corporate Rockville, MD office. The Transportation Manager is responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization. This includes organizing schedules & routes, ensuring vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure truck supervisors and drivers are aware of their duties.
- 5 years’ experience required
- Extensive experience managing heavy truck operations related to dump trucks in the heavy highway construction industry
- Pass background and drug & alcohol screening.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including job supervisors, crew members, and professional drivers.
- Must have a working knowledge of FMCSA, MDOT, VDOT, and Local Truck rules and regulations.
- Schedule trucks in accordance with project requirements
- Coordinate and prioritize the distribution of trucks by communicating with
- General manager
- Area Managers
- Truck Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Keep an updated list of Independent trucks to supplement projects.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual employees.
- Contact Independents to fulfill job requirements.
- Set schedules for driver start times and assure time cards reflect those start times.
- Complete daily review and approval of driver time cards.
- Make sure Supervisors and Drivers are following FMCSA and DOT Standards.
- Track efficiency of trucks by utilizing GPS tracking systems, and other computer programs
- Arrange road tests for prospective drivers.
- Provide daily truck utilization reports to management.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- The employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
About F.O. Day Company:
For over 75 years, family-owned F.O. Day has developed into an award-winning construction company by building close relationships with our extended family of valued clients, trusted employees, and dedicated subcontractors & suppliers. F.O. Day’s Corporate Headquarters supports its Regional Offices and five asphalt production facilities. Led by management in these facilities our employees focus on safety, quality, and performance supported by state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Holidays
- Company Car
- Healthcare Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K with Company Contribution
- And more
F.O. Day Company provides excellent career opportunities and offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
F.O. Day Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without any discrimination due to their race, gender, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state, or local law. This policy extends to all aspects of employment with F.O. Day Company, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring decisions, assignment, advancement, compensation, benefits, retention, and termination.