Bulldozer Operator: This is an hourly-rated skilled craft position whose primary function is the safe and efficient operation of a bulldozer.
- 2-4 years’ experience preferred.
- Pass drug & alcohol screening.
- Must be 18 years or older,
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Utilizes actual years of experience in operating equipment in developing a feel for various levers and attachments and in developing skills such as fine grading and cutting slopes.
- General clean up around job site;
- Operates equipment with the priority of making the job safe for all persons working around the equipment. Ensures that other workers stay clear of the machine while working in tight places and ensures that there is teamwork between self and other operators working at the project site.
- Make judgments regarding the most efficient operations of equipment and attachments.
· Ability to reference survey-grade stakes and GPS data to the level surface to grade specifications
· Ability to move, on a frequent basis, at least 50 lbs.
· Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
· Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.